Saturday, August 23, 2003

Some cool news and not so cool news. First the "not so cool" news ... if I don't get a new permanent position at E&Y by October 10th, then I'm out of work, hitting un-employment and signing up with agencies. Ugh! Sigh! Let's hope luck and good fortune is on my side, so I can continue working for E&Y. Say a prayer or two for me. Now the cool news ... at lunch today I met up with some terrific folk who are totally into ferrets. Thru the Internet one can sign up for "ferret meetups", which are held once a month at funky cafe's or restaurants in Manhattan. Today at 1pm ... there were four [ie: Melissa, Randy, Rob & me] of us who met up at Big City Bar & Grill on upper eastside. Not a bad establishment, service sucked tho, but the food was good and prices were decent. The weather is gorgeous today, so we sat outside under the awnings to partake of drink, food, plus fun and interesting conversation. I had such a great time and Rob is a cutie. Melissa used to own ferrets ... Randy has one ferret [Casper] ... Rob has two furkids [Sluggo & Wally]. I don't own ferrets, but do volunteer work at a shelter in Yonkers. Which they thought was very cool and enjoyed looking at the pix I brought of the shelter furkids. The next "meetup" will be on either September 20th or 27th. Looking forward to it. :-)

No comments: