Monday, January 26, 2004

Got home the evening of January 22nd, after a good workout session with my Personal Trainer, to find the apartment just a wee bit cool. I thought nothing of it since many times the heat in my apartment building goes off around 7pm. And I got home around 7:45pm, so it didn't phase me. It being a cold, windy night out [after dinner & telly time] I went to bed with flannel nightie and socks on for extra comfort. [Well yeah, it would be great to have a steady beau in bed for comfort, warmth & some awesome lovemaking. But we won't get into that now.] Next morning, between 5:30am and 6am, I'm coming out of my snooze and realize my nose is cold. Damn ... something isn't right. My apartment is over the boiler down in basement and I can hear it "try" to kick into gear. Nothing! Usually the heat kicks in around 5am and this morning it wasn't happening. Cold apartment ... thankfully we still had hot water and I turned on my gas stove/oven to warm things up abit. Amen! After a delightful hot shower and drying my hair I could tell the heat still wasn't on. So I called my landlady, who lives two buildings down from me, and told her of the situation. Dressed for warmth [corporate casual - of course] while I start putting on my makeup before heading out to work ... my landlady comes knocking on the door. She tells me the boiler has been repaired and we should have heat in an hour. This is good news ... tho I'll be at work by then. Upon arriving at home that evening [after a busy work day], I can feel the warmth upon entering my humble abode. No troubles with the heat or hot water throughout the whole weekend. Amen!

On Sunday, January 25th, I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see a few exhibits. Sadly I missed the El Greco exhibit, which closed back on January 11th. My friend Larry was telling me all about it just before Xmas. Well ... this time ... I caught the last day of a brilliant exhibit on a collection of 19th Century paintings/drawings from the late Grenville L. Winthrop. The gentlemen in question died over 60 years ago and left his entire collection to Harvard University. This was the first time the "collection" has been shown outside of the university in those 60 years. And it truly was a brilliant display of fine drawings and paintings by many of my favorite 19th Century artists. Some of the artists on display were Gericault, Ingres, Whistler, David, Sargent, Chasseriau, Moreau, Homer, Burne-Jones, Rossetti, Delacroix and Toulouse-Lautrec. I also visited the French Impressionism section of the museum, as that is one of my fav era's in art. By the time I was ready to leave the museum it was getting quite crowded and waited 10 minutes on line before retrieving my coat. I haven't been to the Guggenheim in a while and that'll be my next excursion.

************************
Do check out this brilliant, important and highly informative article by Tad Daley on Kucinich. If most or all Democrats, Independents and Greens changed their minds, then Kucinich would WIN and beat Bush big time. We must not live in fear or doubt, but defeat the evil administration that has wrongfully taken over our government. Plus get rid of corrupt media, gluttonous corporations and greedy rich. We need to take our country back ... NOW!
Top Ten Responses To - "I Love Kucinich But He Can't Win"
http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0126-06.htm
************************
Our rights as Americans to "free speech" is always curtailed when a Republican is in the White House. According to the First Amendment ... all of America is "free speech". Well, its not so under the evil and totally insane Bush Empire. Check out this article:
'First Amendment Zones' Restrict Free Speech
An Editorial from KNOXVILLE NEWS-SENTINEL
http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0125-02.htm

No comments: