Sunday, January 18, 2004

The past work week started out slow ... Wednesday thru Friday was busy and productive. Also heard from my Administrative Manager ... Ginger said the secretary I've been covering since early August is due back January 26th. Lindsey took quite an extended maturnity leave. I didn't mind, since I was working for a terrific department and will miss them. During these past six months I've also been briefly assigned to other E&Y projects. Three days at one desk area or half a day at another. Never a dull moment ... who knows where I'll be assigned from January 26th onwards. Stay tuned............

Those who know me well know that I'm usually reading 2 to 3 books at a time. There's always a stack next to my bed, as well as the latest periodicals I subscribe too. A few days ago I finally finished DAUGHTERS OF BRITANNIA by Katie Hickman. Interesting book on the lives/adventures of wives and daughters in British diplomatic circles over last 300 years. I'm currently halfway thru a brilliant book by Barbara Tuchman on the early days of WW1. THE GUNS OF AUGUST was released in 1962 and garnered a Pulitzer Prize for Ms Tuchman. [America didn't become part of this devastating war until three years later.] So many lives lost in the Great War, not only soldiers, but innocent civilians too. [Something we're all familiar with today in regards to Afghanistan & Iraq.] Military brass didn't seem to give a damn about the infantry and sent them off to be slaughtered by the truckload. The cavalry was utilized for the last time during WW1 and aviation came into play. I find that whole era fascinating.

Back on Thursday, January 14th, many of us NYC Kucinich for President volunteers attended an important meeting down on East 23rd Street. Totally inspiring and productive meeting with 70+ in attendance. Bob Ginsberg opened the meeting with remarks on Kucinich gaining ground in campaign and more news regarding NYC petition drive. Next up was Mike Locker discussing campaign strategy for us volunteers over next 6 to 7 weeks. What our objectives, methods and resources entail. [Important news mentioned ... is that voter registration must be complete by February 6th. If your not sure of your "voting status" in NYC ... call the following number ... 212-VOTE-NYC. Dennis Kucinich will be at St John the Divine church on upper westside ... February 22nd to speak and answer questions. If anyone wishes to help put up Kucinich posters around the tri-state area, please contact the NYC office at 212-791-1660.] Jessica spoke about her "technique of 'approach' speech and Mary answered our questions about Registration Drive. At the end of the meeting we volunteers broke into groups and/or boroughs to discuss strategies/ideas. I'm part of the "media coverage" group ... with Paul and Larry as our points of contact. I've already been emailing letters to WBAI, THE NATION & NY TIMES about Kucinich. So far, no replies, but I've been told this is common. Overall it was a fantastic meeting, talked with other volunteers and picked up pamphlets on Kucinich for distribution. JUST REMEMBER THAT KUCINICH IS ELECTABLE AND THE DEMOCRATS WILL OUST BUSHIE'S REGIME FROM DC IN NOVEMBER.

After a whole month or close to it of my personal trainer out of the country visiting family and friends for the holidays ... I had an intense one-hour workout session this past Thursday evening. [Still sore muscles today.] During the time Jamie was away I did my cardio at the gym twice a week, plus do TAE-BO & situps at home. At the Thursday evening session, Jamie told me all about his adventures at home in Liverpool. Very amusing. Also got to chat with one of the really cute personal trainers at the gym. Meow! I've been chatting with lots of different men on Yahoo IM, but so far no dates since I broke up with Rob in October. I'm in no rush either.

No comments: