Monday, April 26, 2004


Pennsylvania Senator Jim Ferlo extends the ultimate "olive branch" to Congressman & Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich....an autographed Pittsburgh Steelers football. Pittsburgh and Cleveland, Dennis' home town, have a long-standing football rivalry. The presentation over the weekend was done in front of an audience of hundreds at the Iron City Brewery in Pittsburgh.



Personal News - Part XVIII

Yesterday was a big day for women's rights and pro-choice here in the US. Reading on the Internet about the huge turnout down in Washington DC of the "March for Women's Rights". Some time ago I'd planned on going down for the rally, but due to shortage of funds for transportation, I unfortunately had to pass. Sigh!

However, here in NYC, I did participate in a worth while charity walk [ie: 7 miles] with my fellow E&Y co-workers and thousands of other good folk. It was in support of the "March of Dimes" organization and one of their long time supporters is legendary NY Jets football player Joe Namath. I arrived at the general meetup location in the Lincoln Center area at about 8:35am Sunday morning. Found my E&Y co-workers at a table near the main stage. Weather was abit cool, some sun and clouds. Not as nice as the day before which was a lovely Spring day. At one point we had a company group shot and I hope to have that pix up online sometime soon. Then the "ceremonies" began and barfy bitch Rosanna Scotto from Fox News was the MC. Everytime Fox News was mentioned I boo'd loudly and naturally cheered, plus flash the peace sign, when my own company was announced. The "walk" itself finally started just before 9:30am. Overall it took me two hours to walk the seven miles and this included two bathroom pitstops. The walk route takes one thru Central Park and it was great seeing all the lovely greenery sprouting forth. Down Lexington Avenue to Madison Square Park, back up Madison Avenue, across 53rd Street to 10th Avenue and finishing at 64th Street behind Lincoln Center. Along the way we were given some freebies, some of which were edible, plus more freebies at the finish line. Even tho E&Y group started out "together" ... at some point in Central Park we broke up into smaller groups or venture on our own. As for this gal, I ventured on my own and listened to Pearl Jam tunes on my walkman. Yeah baby ... keep on walking in the free world!

No comments: