Tuesday, December 09, 2003

One of E&Ys holiday parties was last night at THE PLAZA ... which is located right on Central Park South. I went with some of my co-workers and had a very nice time. Compared to last years party, where I only knew 6 or 7 people. This time around I knew more, at least 1/4 of the huge crowd. This is mainly due to working now at Times Square location and not downtown.

Last nights event was held in the Grand Ballroom and I must say The Plaza is quite elegant. Appetizers, buffet [ie: lots of shrimp/pasta/cheeses/veggies/cookies], drinks/wine and band were all quite good. Tho the band was a wee bit too loud for the ballroom and mostly played 70s/80s tunes. On top of that everyone trying to talk and the noice volume was high. Got there around 6pm and left at 9pm. Several of my co-workers mentioned this AM that they stayed until 10:30pm. I'm looking forward to the holiday luncheon on 18th with the department I've been on assignment with since August. You've heard me mention other assignments over the last four months, but I've mainly been with one particular department since August 1st. Their a cool bunch of folk and it'll be a fun luncheon on 18th. Plus there is one more holiday party ... which is the evening of the 18th at a westside club. Going to that one with some co-workers to hangout and dance.

***************************

A co-worker recently told me about this cool progressive website, which I checked out and bookmarked. Love it! Wanted to share the link with you all.

http://www.alternativeradio.org/

***************************

Take a look at this interesting, witty article [Turkeys on the Moon] from Michael Moore. Love this guy! Check it out:

http://alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=17337

***************************

Fantastic article from Felicity Arbuthnot at CommonDreams website called Dear Mr President, About the Iraq National Symphony Orchestra.

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/1209-10.htm

No comments: