Monday, December 22, 2003

The weekend started off great Friday evening with calls to some dear friends of mine and chatting for hours. Left voicemail for some and hope to hear from them soon. On Saturday I spent the day shopping, cleaners, laundry, cooking, baking, reading, crocheting, emails and wrapping last of gifts. In the evening, after a good long invigorating power walk thru the neighborhood. [Which, I might add, looks so pretty with many a house decorated in lights and other festive decor. Some have a few, simple decorations while others are lite up like large Christmas trees. Brings a smile to ones face, espcially when one sees a Christmas tree in someones window. Lovely!] I sat down with a cup of tea, plus a few cookies, to watch one of my fav holiday movies on telly. The movie was done in England over 50 years ago and stars Alastair Sims ... the classic "A Christmas Carol". Other holiday movies I love is the 1966 animated classic "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and also "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer", plus the Tim Allen movie "The Santa Clause". On Sunday I went into the city to do several errands, shopping and checking out the laser show at Grand Central Station. Also received a call in the AM from PJ friend Melissa and we had a fun chat. After doing an invigorating power walk at local track I sat down with a cup of tea to watch the movie TITANIC on telly. My first time in seeing this film and I loved it. Cried my eyes out during last 10 minutes ... geez ... I can be such a watering pot at times. The city has issued a Code Orange alert, as they think terrorist may attack NYC over Xmas. Personally, I don't think it likely, just the government doing another "fear factor" tactic. Don't get me started on that topic. If terrorist do attack, make it Bush's ranch in Crawford, TX.

To end this post on a pleasant note, its only 3 days or so until Xmas Day. From some of my co-workers [whom I've been working with since August] I received some lovely gifts [ie: gift card to Sephora, tiny cosmetic bag, kitchen items, note pads & Godiva chocolates].

Peace, love and joy to those celebrating Hanukkah and Kwanzaa.

*************************
Just this morning a good friend of mine told me about two wonderful websites [ie: Voices of Sept 11th & Working for Change] and I've added them to my "Fantastic Links" section. Check them out, if you wish.

*************************
Common Dreams Readers Choice - Essays on September 11th

[The essays at link below on September 11th are those which Common Dreams readers most often chose to send to friends using the "Share this Article with your Friends" feature.]
http://www.commondreams.org/911topten.htm

*************************
Go to the link below, if you wish, to take a free test to see who your 2004 presidential candidate should be or to see general results. Its called SelectSmart.com: 2004 Democratic Presidential Candidate Selector and its really cool. My dude ended up in the top three when I saw my "results".

http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=2004Elections

No comments: