Monday, August 05, 2002

Good Afternoon All!

Well its feeding time at the zoo and this lioness has some free time to update her journal. Rock on!

Had a good weekend [after that kick butt thunderstorm ripped thru NYC Friday evening] and got to see some really groovy things. First of all, the weather was a scorcher. Oh baby was it hot, hazy and oh so humid. On top of that I got my "monthly" two days early. For me the monthly and hot weather do not mix well. Enough said...........

On Saturday I headed up to southern CT to spend the day with my good friend Katherine. [We've been friends since our early elementary school days.] First we went out to lunch and had some yummy sushi [followed by girl talk]. Silly me didn't quite do the ordering correctly and we ended up with double California and Alaska rolls. Even so ... it was tasty. [One cannot do the "doggie bag" thang with sushi.] Went back to her house briefly before walking to the SoNo Art Festival. This is such a terrific festival in the older section of South Norwalk with booths displaying paintings, photography, jewelry, clothing, sculpture, etc. Plus there is free entertainment by bands, singers and dancers ... as well as the food stalls. Both Katherine and I have enjoyed going to this particular festival for a number of years. There is a similar one held in early to mid October in our old hometown of Pound Ridge, NY [Westchester County]. Like everyone else at the festival on Saturday, we sweated alot. I had water, ice cream and a banana/berry smoothie. Walked back to Katherine's house to chill abit, then hit a grocery store before dropping me off at Stamford train station. Soon as I got home around 9pm I immediately jumped into a cool shower to wash up. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... felt so good!

On Sunday I did chores around the apartment, worked out at the gym and then at 6pm met up with my friend Wendy in Manhattan. We had a nice dinner at Times Square Cafe, which is located at 234 West 42nd Street. Food [Pre-Fixe meal] was pretty decent and affordable, which is always a perk. This cafe is located [second & third floor] in the same building as the AMC25 movie theater complex. After dinner Wendy checked her email at a nearby Internet place. I've never seen so many computer stations in one spot and you pay $1 for the first 35 minutes. When done with that we walked back to AMC25 cinema to see the 9:15pm showing of "Star Wars - Attack of the Clones". The seating is stadium style and seats are nice/cushy. Sweet! My first time seeing the film, but in Wendy's case it must be her tenth or fifteenth time. I loved the movie! Yoda kicks butt and Ewen [Obi-Wan] is very dishy. The fighting, chasing and battle scenes were excellent. Wonderful visuals and even tho I loved the ensembles [outfits] that Senator Amadala wore the "love scene" were stilted and weak. I've loved the Star Wars films ever since I saw the first one in 1977.

Well folks, thats it for this entry. Oh, almost forgot, in the mail delivery on Friday I received the watercolor painting items I'd ordered two months ago. I've been dabbling in watercolor painting since June 2000 and its groovy. Recently I took up pastels and learning how to do that art media.

Must get back to work, as lunch hour is almost over. See you all soon in the land of Net............................

No comments: