Friday, August 02, 2002

Good Morning All! Another hot, hazy, humid day in ole NYC! I do not like it when its so damn ugly outside. Waiting for subways to show up on the platforms is brutal. The weather report says tomorrow will be abit cooler. I hope so. . . . .geez!

Got some interesting stuff to share with you all. I've recently visited a cool web site on Kabalarian Philosophy. They take your birth name and tell something about yourself. Its sort of like astrology, zodiac or chinese horoscope. In my case [see below] it was weird ... cause what they had to say about me was 85% correct. Mon dieu!

Your first name of Charlene has given you a quick-minded, sensitive nature. It gives you a creative ability in art, music, singing, or fancywork and an appreciation for refined surroundings. Your sociable nature expresses affection, kindness, and thoughtfulness to the extent that it is difficult for you not to be affected by others and governed by your emotions, rather than by logic and reason. As you respond to love and encouragement from others, your romantic and dreamy nature can easily lead you into love affairs. Your desire for peace at any price can result in going out of your way to avoid arguments and confrontation or hurting the feelings of others. Also, budgeting can be a problem as you enjoy spending money and can easily ignore being practical.

Those of you who know me very well know that I love to read and that my interests are eclectic. Listed below are some groovy books that I've read over the last four months or so. Check it out!

E.M. Remarque ... All Quiet On The Western Front
Diane Johnson ... Lesser Lives
Charles Spencer ... The Spencers
Peter Mayle ... French Lessons
James Thurber ... Thurber Country
Richard Bach ... Air Ferrets Aloft
Kim Schilling ... Ferrets for Dummies
James Thurber ... Lanterns & Lances
S.H. Adams ... Alexander Woollcott "His Life & His World"
P.G. Bahn ... World Archaeology
Daniel Quinn ... Ishmael

That last book I highly recommend, as it totally blew me away. Big time! Its got me doing some serious thinking on many topics and looking at life [and the world] differently. At the moment, I'm currently reading "The First World War" by John Keegan. Fantastic!

Gotta jet..................Peace!

No comments: