Thursday, August 01, 2002

Oh My Gosh! I cannot believe I'm doing this ... an online journal. Whoa! One of those leaps into 21st Century Internet technology. Well folks ... I have Erica and Sarah [two totally cool gals who are into PJ] to thank for giving me a gentle shove in this direction. I'll try to be faithful to this endeavor and not leave many "wide gaps" between entries.

As I type this first entry I'm noshing on some yummy sushi in my comfortably, cool office in the Wall Street area of Manhattan. Baby its warm outside!

Hum ... what to say ... where shall I progress from here. I think a quick review of the work environment. Been working for E&Y since early 2001 and I love it. Great corporation and so far one of the best environments I've ever been involved in. When I first started working at E&Y I was hired as Office Coordinator/Manager for their small downtown office near Stock Exchange/Wall Street. [Duchess Note: Be patient all ... I'll throw in some fun stuff soon ... but first the ground work.] Occasionally I'd be asked to do secretarial duties for the small staff. Mostly the duties were to run the office, keep it stocked in supplies and organize the meetings. This year I'm still Office Coordinator/Manager ... but my secretarial duties have increased to aiding one partner and two senior managers. More challenging work and many changes, which is what I like. Those of you who are reading this "online journal" might be intrigued by my mention of Wall Street area. Yep ... E&Ys small office isn't far from "ground zero" of WTC and the events of 9/11. I'll relate my thoughts on that day in another journal entry. Since 1990 I've been with several companies [ie: WCP, KOLL & JER] of various size, staff, temperment, work, etc. Some of those company experiences were pretty good and others were like being in a never-ending nightmare. My goals for now include doing a great job with E&Y and then moving out of NYC in 2 to 3 years time. E&Y have offices throughout the USA, but I want to stay in the delightful northeast. Time will tell ... so stay tuned for updates.

Lets see ... should I talk abit about me? Hum ... well ... for now I'll just mention my interests and such. Here is the list: photography, reading, cooking, baking, music [more on this topic later], movies, museums, art, european history, theater, travel, antiques, flea markets, shopping, watercolor painting, pastels, working out at gym, ferrets [more on that later]. Oh geez theres more and my mind went blank. Fudge!

On that note ... time to get this "online journal" out to the Internet masses. Talley-ho! Gotta jet.........................

No comments: