Monday, February 16, 2004

Last evening I went out to the local park in my Brooklyn neighborhood [around 6pm] to briefly commune with a group of other like-minded folk on the one-year anniversary of that incredibly important Peace Rally. It was cold & windy ... just like last year. There was a warmth of spirit in coming together for the "Candlelight Vigil". Very uplifting & important to keeping the movement going. Not only in trying to end this horrific, illegal war and occupation in Iraq & Afghanistan ... but to also help the Democrats win in November and oust the evil Bush empire. Down with Imperialism!

Much has happened over the past 12 months since that sunny, cold, incredibly enlightening February day. I've been meeting some terrific, funky, inspiring, fun people through different interests [ie: music, politics, ferrets, etc] in my life. Grant you there are some folk who are no longer in my orbit and I'm glad of it. Negativity is such a bummer. Was feeling down for awhile, but I'm movin onward! Over the past year it honestly feels like a new chapter is opening up to me. At times it can be abit daunting ... tho overall it feels exciting. Back in July through October work was very shaky with days of anxiety here and there. Since then it has worked out for the better, which is a huge relief. Plus I've met someone via Yahoo IM recently whom I like and enjoy our conversations on IM. True ... he lives in northern England ... but hey ... one never knows how things will turn out. Also there is a chap in southern CA whom I like alot.

The rest of the weekend was quite productive with errands, appointments and shopping. [Plus helping out with Kucinich Presidential Campaign & mailing letters with info to folk in Ohio. Their primary is March 2nd, same as New York state.] Over several Sundays I've been watching and enjoying "The Forsyte Saga" on PBS Masterpiece Theatre. Today among my many errands, I stopped by Barnes & Noble on 5th Avenue and purchased the "The Forsyte Saga" in paperback form. Love british writers!

No comments: